Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Look What Came in the Mail!


Horizon Herbs is my favorite medicinal herb supplier.  They provide detailed information about how to grow each plant from seed, growing conditions and common medicinal uses.  Many of the herbs I ordered this year require cold conditioning.  After seeds are planted, they are exposed to fluctuating temperatures in order to mimic the plant's natural rhythm of casting seeds in the fall to over winter and sprout in the spring.  I have already started several seeds in the hoop house where they will be protected from hard rains and wind but will still experience minor freeze and thaw conditions.  By the time I am ready to start my veggies, the herbs will be ready to move to bigger pots or be transplanted to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...